Dear students and families,
Thank you again for your support of our class feast on Wednesday! The food was wonderful and just the right amount. We are already looking forward to our second half of the year celebration at the end of June (TBA).
This week’s focus:
- Reading assessments with each student will be done by end of day Friday.
- Student blogging is coming along wonderfully. I am very impressed with students’ early posts. There are still a few students who need to graduate from commenting before they begin with their blogs. Students are welcome to write posts, comments and decorate blogs at home – with parent permission and supervision.
- The student leadership council has planned a school spirit day for every day this week. Students may choose to take part in none, some or all the events. It is important that students are able to complete all class tasks and not let costumes and excitement keep them from doing their job in class. Choose to take part in the number of dress up days that are right for you and your learning.
Spelling this WeekThis week’s assignments are due Thursday with tests on Thursday also. Students will have class time on Tuesday to complete their spelling assignments with a small amount of class time on Wednesday. Here is a preview for those of you who like to prepare early!
- Green group – Lesson 6-10R: Lessons 6 – 10 review spelling list
- White group – Lesson 12 (review of lessons 7-11): Lesson 12 spelling list
Here’s a look at week 24 . . .
- D3 math fact quiz
- hat school spirit day (optional)
- math club (3:20 – 4:20 p.m.)
- D4 math fact quiz
- twin school spirit day (optional)
- Valentine’s cards handed out first thing in the morning (optional); click here to read about class guidelines on the January 30 post
- writer’s workshop a.m.
- ÷1 whiz quiz
- career school spirit day (optional)
- library exchange & phys. ed. a.m.
- opportunity for sledding on hill with school carpets a.m. and p.m. recess, if conditions on the hill are favourable
- D5 math fact quiz
- wacky hair day school spirit day (optional)
- spelling assignments due and tests
- phys. ed. p.m.
- D6 math fact quiz
- formal Friday school spirit day (optional)
- hot lunch
- karaoke in gym at lunch (optional)
- writer’s workshop p.m.
- rewards p.m.?
- last day of school before February break – we will be checking that lockers are food free before home time 🙂