Dear students and families,
We have had another exciting week of learning with an exciting swim trip on Wednesday afternoon that was enjoyed by all in attendance. A big thank you to our parent volunteers who helped out on this trip! Watch this video to see a few photos!
Daily Math Facts
- We began the final review on Friday, June 2 and the last quiz is Wednesday, June 7.
- Remember: these last few quizzes have questions from all 4 operations and please – turn off the timer!
- Thank you to those of you who have worked throughout the year to improve your speed and accuracy in math facts. Your hard work will be rewarded as you move into middle years math and beyond. 🙂
K-4 Play Day (Monday, June 12 a.m.)
- Play Day will begin shortly after morning attendance and end by 11:30 a.m.
- Students may choose their activities. We will go over the stations in class later this week.
- Please dress for the weather and activity; swim suits are an option for those who want to take part in “slip and slide.” Be sure to have dry clothes at school to change into for the afternoon.
- Hats are recommended.
Spelling this WeekThis week’s assignments are due Thursday with tests on Thursday also. Students will have class time on Tuesday and a small amount of time on Wednesday to complete their spelling assignments. Here is a preview for those of you who like to prepare early!
Here’s a look at week 38 . . .
- MD1 math fact quiz (no timer)
- “Jump Rope for Heart” fundraising money due
- MD2 math fact quiz (no timer)
- writer’s workshop a.m. – reflections on Batoche
- ASMD math fact quiz (no timer)
- all library books due back to the library; students may bring books from home to read or choose books from the classroom library for the rest of the year
- spelling assignments due and tests
- marble rewards p.m.?
- no school for students; professional development/planning for staff