Dear students and families,
I hope everyone is enjoying one last long weekend before summer. We have a very exciting and action-filled week ahead!
Over the last few weeks, students have worked hard at developing and showing the learning skills needed for grade 5. Keep up the good work, boys and girls!
Focus on academics this week:
- Math – complete decimal addition and subtraction mini-unit, return to fractions
- Social studies – continue with Saskatchewan First Nations and Métis leader storyboards
- Science – continue light explorations
- Writer’s workshop – complete Batoche blog posts; begin “Dear grade 5 teacher letters”
Special Events this Week
- Monday, June 12 (9:00 – 11:30 a.m.)
- Student choice stations include: parachute activities, hula hoop/bean bag toss, water relay, skipping, gymnastics, “Just Dance,” creative playground, sidewalk chalk, slip and slide and watermelon snack.
- You may visit the snack station only once. Please bring your own snacks if watermelon is not enough for you.
- If you are planning to slip and slide, be sure to have a towel and dry clothing to change into; swim suits are allowed.
- Considerations are hats, sunscreen, bug spray, sunglasses. Dress for the weather of the day.
- Remember – we are back to regular classes for the afternoon.
Brenda Baker Song Assembly
- Tuesday, June 13 (1:00 – 2:00 p.m.)
- A big thanks to our parent council for sponsoring this event for our junior students! We look forward to it!
Spelling this WeekThis week’s assignments are due Thursday with tests on Thursday also. Students will have class time on Tuesday and a small amount of time on Wednesday to complete their spelling assignments. Here is a preview for those of you who like to prepare early!
Here’s a look at week 39 . . .
- all library books must be back today – please check if there are anymore at home
- K-4 play day (9:00 – 11:30 a.m.)
- Brenda Baker junior song assembly (1:00 – 2:00 p.m.)
- Jump Rope for Heart Activity (9:30 – 10:30 a.m.)
- last care partner activity (periods 5 and 6)
- bake sale (recesses and lunch time) – bring a small amount of money, if interested
- spelling assignments due and tests
- last karaoke lunch
- sports jersey school spirit day
- phys. ed. p.m.
- writer’s workshop p.m.
- rewards p.m.?