Dear students and families,
What an amazing week we have had together! Happy Father’s Day to all dads out there. Our class really enjoyed making gecko key chains and special cards with care partners this week. See the slide show below for some of the fun!
Students approached our fun events (play day, Brenda Baker song assembly and care partner craft afternoon) with enthusiasm, joy and respect. Well done, everyone!
A big thank you to our parent council for sponsoring the Brenda Baker assembly. We loved it!
Over the last few weeks, students have worked hard at developing and showing the learning skills needed for grade 5. Keep up the good work, boys and girls!
Focus on academics for next 2 weeks
Schoolwork continues until the 29th of June. At this time of year, there is still so much to cover and review. All student work must be complete before the end of grade 4. Students, please keep up during the last few weeks!
- Math – decimal wrap up and area, review
- Language Arts – sentence structure and parts of speech
- Handwriting – capital letters
- Social studies – complete Saskatchewan First Nations and Métis leader storyboards
- Science – light wrap up
- Writer’s workshop – “Dear Grade 5 Teacher . . . ” will be worked on in class and done with paper and pencil in handwriting. These 5 paragraph letters will be passed on to students’ grade 5 teachers as an introduction. Students who did not finish their 5 paragraph Batoche blog post were asked to complete it at home, if possible. We had our last class with computers on Friday.
At the start of the year, I got parent permission to manage student blogs until the end of June, 2017.
I hope to send a letter to parents this week about what you would like done with your child’s blog after the end of this school year.
You will have 2 options:
- Delete the blog.
- Take over administrative responsibility for your child’s blog so they can continue blogging under your supervision. If you choose this option, you must have a Gmail account so I can transfer responsibility to you. See this page for examples of former student blogs that were kept after grade 4.
2nd half of year snack celebration plans
- Class lunch – Wednesday, June 28
- We will plan the lunch this week.
- Students who were not able to contribute to the first half of the year snack, will have a chance to bring something to this celebration.
- Again, I will send email to parents over the course of this week to get confirmation about food students will bring.
- Food uneaten at noon will be packed up and sent home with the student who brought it.
- Remember to keep food NUT FREE.
- Thank you everyone for helping out! 🙂
Spelling this WeekThis week’s assignments are due Thursday with tests on Thursday also. Students will have class time on Tuesday and a small amount of time on Wednesday to complete their spelling assignments. Here is a preview for those of you who like to prepare early! This is our last spelling test of the year. A spelling assignment will be due on the last day of school, but there will no test.
Here’s a look at week 40 . . .
- Hoop dance assembly (9:30 – 10:00 a.m.)
- Jump Rope for Heart activity (9:30 – 10:30 a.m.)
- phys. ed. a.m.
- spelling assignments due and tests
- planners will go home for the last time; please keep up with blog posts and emails for information about class events for the rest of the school year
- Ms B. away; Mrs. Boyko here
- hot lunch
- writer’s workshop p.m.
- marble rewards?