Dear students and families,
It feels like spring is finally here! Congratulations to the grade 6 band students for an excellent performance at the music festival.
This Week’s Events
Grade 5/6 Dance Performance
- We hope you will be able to join us in the gym for the grade 5/6 dance performance! The students are doing a terrific job!
- The time has changed to about 1:45ish p.m. on Wednesday, April 25
- The grade K-4 musical will begin about 1:00 and will last about 45-60 minutes. Our performance will begin right after the musical and a small set change (1:45 – 2:00 p.m.).
- We will rehearse one more time during period 1 on Wednesday, April 25.
- A reminder to students to please dress in black on that day.
Art Club Art Show
- The after school art club will have a “come and go” art show from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Remai Gallery Visit
- We will travel to the Remai Gallery on the afternoon of Friday, April 27.
- We will eat lunch at 12:00 in the classroom as our bus will leave early.
- We will return to the school in time for dismissal.
- This week, we will stress art gallery expectations in class.
Grade 5 Math Test
- We hope to have a grade 5 fraction math test on Thursday. If we don’t have enough time to prepare, we will move it to Friday or Monday.
- Students need to show ability to compare and order proper fractions, show equivalent fractions and place fractions on a number line.
V.I.P. of the Week
Thank you to Mohamad for taking the V.I.P. spot this week. Here is the up-to-date revised schedule.
|Apr. 24||Mohamad||Apr. 30||Abdurrehman|
|May 7||Manvir||May 14||Taazveer||May 28||Allen||June 4||Bree|
|June 11||Caroline, Amani and Brian (late joiners to classroom – presentation of “star of the week” only)||June 18||Julissa|
- We work on our twenty-first spelling lesson on Tuesday and Wednesday with the spelling tests and assignments due on Thursday.
Here are this week’s spelling lists:
- Lesson 21 purple: Lesson 21 Spelling List
- Lesson 21 white: SPELLING word lists LESSON 21-24
- Lesson 18 buff: Lesson 18 spelling list
Here’s a look at week 30 . . .
- no school for students – professional development for staff
- spelling work day
- library exchanges as needed p.m.
- no phys. ed. today (no worries – we will get our exercise in with dance!)
- wear your black dance clothing today
- dance practice/rehearsal P1
- band a.m.
- K-4 musical 1:00
- grade 5/6 dance performance start time – 1:45 – 2:00 p.m.
- art club come and go art show 4:00 – 5:00
- spelling tests and assignments due
- band a.m.
- grade 5 math fraction test
- phys. ed. a.m. – please dress safely and comfortably for wrestling activity – hair up, no jewelry, suitable wardrobe, sock feet
- eat lunch early (12:00)
- afternoon trip to Remain Art Gallery