Dear students and families,
Thank you students for an excellent trip to Cosmopolitan Industries Education Centre on Wednesday afternoon!
Report Cards and 3-Way Conferences
First term report cards go home with students on Monday, November 19.
- 3-way conferences will be held on the evening of Thursday, November 22 and the morning of Friday, November 23.
- 3-way conferences are a very important opportunity for teacher, student and parent(s) to celebrate student success, reflect on progress to date and to look forward to the rest of the year.
- Parents, please sign and return report card envelopes to the school so we can reuse them for March reports.
- Thank you to those of you who have already signed up for conferences. For those of you who have not, please do so as soon as possible. If you have trouble, please contact the office.
Phys. Ed. Program Summary
In Term 1, we have been working on locomotor skills related to fitness circuits and conditioning, through a fitness beep test, various tag activities and games involving movement and stationary strength exercises.
Secondly, we have also focused on sending, receiving, and striking with hands and feet, using a variety of Phys. Ed. equipment. For example, the students have practiced these skills in various games and activities related to football, ultimate frisbee, soccer, and volleyball, while focusing on proper form and technique when performing the various skills and movements.
In addition, the students have also learned to apply some of the game strategies and tactical skills involved in the aspects of the various sports.
~ Mr. MacIntosh
Spelling assignments are due Thursday with tests on Thursday also. Here are this week’s lists for those of you who like to prepare early:
- Buff lesson 8: Lesson 8 spelling list
- White lesson 8: Lesson 8 spelling list
- Blue lesson 5: Lesson 5 spelling list
Here’s a look at week 12 . . .
- -8 to -10 whiz quiz
- Subway lunch
- phys. ed. p.m.
- report cards go home
- S11 math fact quiz
- printing letter of the day – Ww
- arts ed. a.m.
- computers a.m.
- phys. ed. p.m.
- S12 math fact quiz
- printing letter of the day – Xx
- book fair class browsing a.m.
- printing letter of the day – Yy
- phys. ed. a.m.
- students may bring money to make a planned purchase at the book fair p.m.
- no library exchange this week because of the book fair
- evening 3-way conferences
- no classes for students today
- morning 3-way conferences; staff professional development p.m.