Dear students and families,
Thank you again to those of you who were able to come out and meet for 3-way conferences this past week! It was so nice meeting with all of you and I feel I learned new information to make our school year the best I can for every student!
Treasure Sale Items
- The “Treasure Sale” box has arrived in our classroom.
- Students may bring small items from home to give to the Treasure Sale.
- The proceeds of the sale supports our school’s Voyageur Club.
Blog Homework Page
- I added a “homework” page to the blog last week.
- The “homework” page is a running record of daily end of day announcements and homework assignments that students copy into their yellow planners.
- Please bookmark/check the “homework” page for end of day announcements and homework reminders.
Number Talk Update
- We finish our work with subtraction math facts this week.
- Almost every student shows a good understanding of the “adding up” subtraction strategy.
- This week, we will focus on the “removal” subtraction strategy.
- We begin multiplication next week! Multiplication home practice books will go home at the end of this week or the beginning of the next.
- Most students have submitted a post: “What I’m Looking Forward to in Blogging.”
- This week students will learn how to make blog comments!
Spelling assignments are due Thursday with tests on Thursday also. Here are this week’s lists for those of you who like to prepare early:
- Buff lesson 9: Lesson 9 spelling list
- White lesson 9: Lesson 9 spelling list
- Blue lesson 1-5R (review of words from lessons 1-5): Lessons 1-5 Review
Here’s a look at week 13 . . .
- S13 math fact quiz
- phys. ed. p.m.
- arts ed. a.m.
- computers a.m.
- phys. ed. p.m.
- comprehensive subtraction quiz (-0 to -10)
- library exchange a.m.
- phys. ed. a.m.
- care partners p.m. 😀
- Ms B. away today
- art p.m.
- marble rewards?