Dear students and families,
Students can be very proud of their hard work during this short week. Everyone learned much and participated with enthusiasm during our code trip on Tuesday! See the slide show below for some of our activities there:
This week will be another busy one with Thursday’s concert preparations and Monday afternoon’s grade 3 trip taking up much of our time.
- We will catch up with assignments and review subtraction strategies again this week.
- There will be no home math fact practice this week.
- Students may use their homework time to make sure they know the words and actions of the stomp performance.
Class and School Reminders
- For safety reasons, sleds are to stay home unless we are having a special class sliding event during instructional time. Sleds are not used during recess periods.
- Please leave gum at home until the end of 2018. We have found some on the floor which shows that all students do not have the skills to chew gum in class yet. Sharing of gum with some students and not others has caused some hurt feelings, as well. We will talk about gum as a learning tool again in the new year.
This Week’s Events
Grade 3 WDM trip
- Grade 3s are encouraged to dress in clothing of the day such as bow ties, suspenders, aprons and ribbons.
- The bus leaves the school at 12:20 p.m.; the bus leaves the WDM at 2:30 p.m.
- See last week’s post for more details about this trip.
Thursday’s Holiday Concert (December 13)
- Parents, family and friends are welcome to attend the 1:00 and 6:30 performances.
- Students, please report to our classroom at 6:15 p.m. (not before).
- Thank you in advance for letting me know ahead of time if your child will not be at the evening performance so I can make adjustments to the program.
- See last week’s post for more details about this performance.
Here’s a look at week 15 . . .
- grade 3 trip p.m.
- grade 4 phys. ed. p.m.
- short arts ed. a.m.
- walk on/walk off concert rehearsal (9:00 a.m.)
- computers a.m.?
- concert dress rehearsal (1:00 p.m.)
- band concert (9:30 a.m.)
- library exchange a.m.
- phys. ed. a.m.
- concert performance (1:00 p.m.)
- marble rewards? (p.m.)
- evening concert performance (6:30 p.m.) – be in classroom at 6:15 p.m. (not before)
- arts ed. p.m.