Dear students and families,
We are only one school week away from winter vacation! Students had another busy week with the grade 3 trip to the WDM, watching a band concert and our very own concert rehearsals and performances.
- I was very impressed with the curiosity and thoughtfulness that the grade 3’s brought to our Boomtown 1910 trip!
- Students can be proud of the hard work they put into their stomp performances!
Enjoy the video below for some highlights events from last week.
This Week’s Learning Focus
We did not get caught up with all the items I had hoped to last week. We will start multiplication math fact practice and start a new spelling lesson after the holiday.
- This week, we will finish up with the subtraction paper and pencil algorithm.
- We will finish reading Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH and will watch the movie based on the novel, The Secrets of NIMH, on Friday.
Movie Afternoon and PJ Day on Friday
- Our arts ed. is at the end of the day so we need to get the movie rolling right after lunch.
- We will keep things as “simple” as we can for this movie.
- Students may wear pjs to school for the spirit day; we will leave all other bedtime accessories at home this time.
Here’s a look at week 16 . . .
- school spirit day: Ugly Christmas sweater/ugly sweater day
- phys. ed. p.m.
- school spirit day: Santa hat/hat day
- arts. ed. a.m.
- caroling assembly
- phys. ed. p.m.
- school spirit day: Reindeer antlers/crazy hair day
- locker clean out day
- school spirit day: Christmas sock/crazy sock day
- library exchange a.m.
- phys. ed. a.m.
- turkey buffet hot lunch
- school spirit day: PJ day
- class movie p.m. – The Secrets of NIMH
- last day of classes before winter break – have a nice vacation – See you next year on January 7!