Dear students and families,
Happy New Year! I hope everyone was able to enjoy some time with family over our winter holiday. Thank you to students and families who gave me gifts and cards before the break. Although unnecessary, I appreciate your thoughtfulness!
During our last week of 2018, students took part in school spirit activities, made snow globes with care partners and watched the movie – The Secrets of NIMH.
During our novel study, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, students showed comprehension growth by making predictions with supporting evidence from the book and started to understand the author’s purpose. I was impressed with the rich class discussion that followed watching the movie. Students compared the movie to the book and offered plausible reasons about why the book was different than the movie. Well done class!
Here are a few photos of PJ day and completed student snow globes:
- We will begin the new year with a little subtraction and then move into multiplication.
- I will redo student planners to show the new multiplication home practice schedule with practice books that I hope will be ready to go by next week.
Spelling this week
We will copy spelling into planners on Tuesday with tests on Thursday and assignments due on Thursday also. We would like to see corrections get up-to-date this week as well.
- Blue group – Lesson 6: Lesson 6
- Buff group – Lesson 10: Lesson 10 spelling list
- White group – Lesson 10: Lesson 10 spelling list
Here’s a look at week 17 . . .
- phys. ed. p.m.
- arts ed. a.m.
- computers a.m.
- phys. ed. p.m.
- copy spelling into planners today
- just another great day 🙂
- library exchange a.m.
- phys. ed. a.m.
- spelling assignments due and spelling tests
- marble rewards p.m.?
- arts ed. p.m.