Dear students and families,
Congratulations students on working so hard this week! Everyone who was at school this week is up-to-date with spelling! 🙂 Keep up the good work, everyone!
We are very grateful to Mrs. Reid and her grade 8 students for taking us through 6 light science stations this week. See some of our activities in the slide show below:
- Students have learned about the 0x and 1x properties of multiplication.
- Our class is working on mental math multiplication strategies like repeated addition, skip counting and partial products.
- We are learning about and using arrays to help us with multiplication.
- Check out our partial products bulletin board in the hallway outside out classroom.
- Students made x2 multiplication “fortune tellers” in class on Friday and enjoyed playing with them during our indoor recesses. A variety of these devices will be making their way home as another way to enforce recall with multiplication facts. 🙂
Spelling this Week
This week’s assignments are due on Thursday with tests on Thursday also. The buff and white groups’ lesson reviews the previous 5 lessons. Here is a preview for those of you who like to prepare early:
- Blue lesson 8: Lesson 8 spelling
- White lesson 12: Lesson 12 (6-11 review)
- Buff lesson 12 (lesson 6-11 review): Lesson 12 spelling
Here’s a look at week 19 . . .
- grade 4 math fact whiz quiz (x0 to x1)/3-M5 grade 3 math fact quiz
- phys. ed. p.m.
- M5/3-M6 math fact quizzes
- arts ed. a.m.
- computers a.m.
- phys. ed. p.m.
- western school spirit day
- M6/3-M7 math fact quizzes
- Ms B. away a.m.
- “Fiddlyness” music/dance session P3
- grade 4 math fact whiz quiz (x2)/grade 3 math fact whiz quiz (x0 to x1)
- library exchange a.m.
- phys. ed. a.m.
- marble rewards?
- M7/3-M8 math fact quizzes
- arts ed. p.m.
- Reminder: Monday, January 28 is professional development for staff – no school for students