Dear students and families,
It is exciting to see students grow and progress with skills, knowledge and abilities. Here are just a few of the areas where I have seen significant growth:
- notebook skills in math
- free journal writing
- gaining deeper understanding of multiplication and strategies like “partial products”
- speedier transitions from one activity to another
- map skills
- nutrition and the digestive system
- embedding photos in blog posts
Keep up the great work, everyone!
Class Nutritional Potluck Lunch
- Plans are underway for our class lunch on Tuesday, February 5 (11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.).
- Parents, please check your emails this week for menu updates as I receive parent confirmations.
- Thank you for your support! The students are very excited! 🙂
- grade 3s work on the x2 tables for the next 2 weeks
- grade 4s work on the x3 tables for this week with a whiz quiz this Friday
Students really enjoyed our 2 sessions of “FiddlyNess” on Wednesday. Thank you to our school for providing us with this opportunity! See the photos below for some of the fun:
Spelling this Week
Buff and white groups will receive a new 6 lesson booklet this week.
This week’s assignments are due on Thursday with tests on Thursday also. Here is a preview for those of you who like to prepare early:
- Blue lesson 9: Lesson 9
- White lesson 13: Lesson 13 spelling list
- Buff lesson 13: Lesson 13 spelling list
Here’s a look at week 20 . . .
- no school for students; professional development for staff
- M8/3-M9 math fact quiz
- arts ed. a.m.
- computers a.m.
- phys. ed. p.m.
- M9/3-M10 math fact quiz
- marble rewards?
- M10/3-M11 math fact quiz
- spelling tests/assignments due
- library exchange a.m.
- wheelchair basketball a.m.
- Pizza Hut hot lunch – for those who pre-ordered
- grade 3 take new math fact practice book home today
- gr. 4 x3 whiz quiz/3-M12 math fact quiz
- tropical school spirit day – show your school spirit by wearing an outfit for the tropics
- arts ed. p.m.