Dear students and families,
Students have had a terrific week developing problem solving and block coding skills with Ozobot and an opportunity to try wheelchair basketball. See the poster below for a weekend opportunity to get learn more about Paralympic sports.
- We spent this week experimenting with the basics of building block code using “Shape Tracer” and “Shape Tracer 2.” We will not spend anymore time with Shape Tracer in class. Students are welcome to try more block coding at home (with parent permission). Click on the links above to find the activities.
- Moving forward, we plan to use Ozobots in math, social studies and science. The Ozobots are with us for another month. 🙂
- Watch the slide show below for some scenes from this week.
This Week’s Special Events
We look forward to our mid-year class lunch on Tuesday. On Thursday, we will enjoy “Winter Olympics” in the morning and a trip with our care partners to see the musical “Groovy” in the afternoon.
These events change our weekly routine just a little.
Spelling this Week
This week spelling assignments are due Friday with tests on Friday also. Here are the lists for those of you who like to prepare early:
- Blue lesson 10: Lesson 10 spelling list
- Buff lesson 14: Lesson 14 spelling list
- White lesson 14: Lesson 14 spelling list
Here’s a look at week 21 . . .
- no math fact quiz today
- phys. ed. p.m.
- M11/3-M13 math fact quiz
- class lunch (about 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.)
- M12/3-M14 math fact quiz
- “Winter Olympics” activities a.m.
- M13/3-M15 math fact quiz p.m.
- “Groovy” musical care partner trip p.m. (leave at 12:45 p.m.)
- gr. 4 x4/gr. 3 x2 whiz quizzes
- spelling tests and assignments due
- arts ed. p.m.