Dear students and families,
Students in our class have been real little troopers as they’ve been stuck inside for a little over 3 weeks now. Hopefully a change in the weather will get everyone back outside soon!
A big thank you to all the families that contributed to our class lunch on Tuesday – it was great and we could not have done it without you!
We would like to thank our SLC for putting on a fantastic Mini-Olympic day on Thursday! See the video below for some scenes from last week. 🙂
Class Valentine’s Day guidelines
- We will observe Valentine’s Day in our classroom on Thursday, February 14. Students that bring cards will hand them out at the start of the day. We will then pack them up to go home. It may be helpful to have a medium to large zip-lock bag to put Valentine’s into for safe-keeping in back packs.
- If students choose to bring Valentine cards for students in our class, they must bring cards for all students in our class. Class lists went home with students on Friday. Students who were absent can ask for a list, if needed.
- Students may choose to tape a candy treat to their Valentine card. If you tape a treat to one card, you must tape one to all the cards so no one feels left out.
- Because we have agreed to share food on just 2 school days this year, thank you in advance for not sending any other Valentine treats to share. 😀
Spelling this WeekThis week’s assignments are due Thursday with tests on Thursday also. Students will have class time on Wednesday to complete their assignments. The blue group has a unit review list and lesson this week. Here is a preview for those of you who like to prepare early!
- Blue group – Lesson 6-10R (review of lessons 6-10): Lessons 6-10 Review
- White group – Lesson 15: Lesson 15 spelling list
- Buff group – Lesson 15: Lesson 15 spelling list
Here’s a look at week 21 . . .
- M14/3-M16 math fact quiz
- Pita Pit hot lunch for those who pre-ordered
- phys. ed. p.m.
- M15/3-M17 math fact quiz
- arts ed. a.m.
- phys. ed. p.m.
- M16/3-M18 math fact quiz
- M17/3-M19 math fact quiz
- spelling assignments due and tests
- phys. ed. and library exchange a.m.
- x5 whiz quiz (gr. 4)/3-M20 math fact quiz
- transportation and swale surveys due (for grade 6 class) (optional)
- arts ed. p.m.
- last day of school before the February break; return to school on Monday, February 25 – have a nice break! 😎