Dear students and families,
It was sure exciting to enjoy outdoor recess for a few days. Spring can’t be far away now!
Students can be extremely proud of their accomplishments this week! Here are just a few:
- Almost everyone transitions quickly from inside to outside, outside to inside and subject to subject
- Speedy, speedier and speediest ever multiplication math fact recall – students continue to improve!
- Students show great growth in jot note writing and collaboration during “Wonders of the World” science research – click here to review our class t-chart about sentences and jot notes here: What is the difference between sentences and jot notes
- Math problem solving and note-book skills continue to improve!
- Everyone learned new drama skills with games like “clap, snap, stomp” and “zip, zap, zop.”
- Students were very excited to get outside for a few days this week and built forts with great enthusiasm and collaboration!
Keep up the great work, everyone!
See this slide show for a few scenes from this week!
- Multiplication daily math facts continue until April 9.
- We will focus on division number talks starting this week.
- There will be short multiplication tests this week on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Both grades need to draw arrays for multiplication questions (1-digit factors)
- Both grades need to solve word problems (1-digit factors). The best word problem answers include: 1) drawing a picture, 2) writing a multiplication equation and 3) writing a sentence answer that uses the words from the question.
- Both grades need to show they know how to get a product when multiplying a number by 1 and by 0.
- Grade 4 need to do questions using the multiplication paper and pencil algorithm with regrouping (3-digit x 1-digit).
- Students will be asked to take math duotangs and notebooks home to review.
Spelling this WeekThis week’s spelling assignments are due Thursday with tests on Thursday also. Here is a preview for those of you who like to prepare early!
- Blue group – Lesson 12: Lesson 12 spelling list
- White group – Lesson 17: Lesson 17 spelling list
- Buff group – Lesson 17: Lesson 17 spelling list
Here’s a look at week 23 . . .
- M22/3-M25 math fact quiz
- phys. ed. p.m.
- M23/3-M26 math fact quiz
- arts ed. a.m.
- phys. ed. p.m.
- M24/3-M27 math fact quiz
- “I’m the Boss of Me” class presentation (2:15 – 3:05 p.m.)
- M25/3-M28 math fact quiz
- spelling assignments due and tests
- phys. ed. and library exchange a.m.
- rewards p.m.?
- x7 whiz quiz (gr. 4)/3-M28 math fact quiz
- arts ed. p.m.