Dear students and families,
Our highlights this week included:
- “I’m the Boss of Me” presentation on Wednesday afternoon
- learning division vocabulary and strategies (repeated subtraction, sharing and dealing out)
Here are some scenes from this week!
Brain Awareness Week
We look forward to learning about our 5 senses and how they work together with the brain when we host the Brain Waves presentation in our class on Wednesday afternoon. Brain education and head injury prevention are very near and dear to my heart. I have had the Brain Waves presentations in my classroom for many years and look forward to sharing this presentation with this year’s class. Click here to learn more about Brain Waves.
- Students who have bike helmets are asked to bring them to school on Wednesday. Part of the presentation involves students properly fitting their bike helmets. There is no need to buy a bike helmet if you do not have one.
Family Opportunity! As part of Brain Awareness week, the annual Brain Blast is held in the atrium at City Park Hospital on Sunday, March 17 from 12 – 3 p.m. This event is free of charge. Click here for more information about Brain Blast and read the poster below.
Science & Handwriting
- Over the next few weeks, students will use their research facts to design their science “Wonders of the World” game boards and do their best to integrate Ozobot into their games.
- We left handwriting behind in the fall and we look forward to picking it up again this week! 🙂
Spelling this WeekThis week’s spelling assignments are due Thursday with tests on Thursday also. Here is a preview for those of you who like to prepare early! The buff and the white groups have a review lesson this week.
- Blue group – Lesson 13: Lesson 13 spelling list
- White group – Lesson 18: Lesson 18 spelling list
- Buff group – Lesson 18: Lesson 18 spelling list
Here’s a look at week 24 . . .
- no school for students; professional development for staff
- M26/3-M30 math fact quiz
- arts ed. a.m.
- phys. ed. p.m.
- handwriting p.m. 🙂
- M27/3-M31 math fact quiz
- “Brain Waves” class presentation (12:13 – 3:05 p.m.)
- M28/3-M32 math fact quiz
- spelling assignments due and tests
- phys. ed. and library exchange a.m.
- M29/3-M33 math fact quiz
- arts ed. p.m.