Dear students and families,
I hope everyone had an enjoyable spring break. I look forward to seeing everyone at school again on Monday! It looks like you have been very busy while I was away.
We really enjoyed Star Lab on April 1 and are thankful to our parent council for supporting this opportunity and bringing the expert facilitator, “Starman” (Mr. Waldron), to work with all classes. Here is a video that captures some of our class experience in Star Lab.
- Recorders: Thank you everyone for bringing your recorder money – we will start recorders Monday afternoon.
- Division math facts: I have reworked the division math fact practice schedule. Student practice books will go home on Monday and daily quizzes will begin again on Wednesday – both grades will work on dividing numbers by 1. I hope to have new/adjusted math fact record sheets ready for students planners on Tuesday.
- Handwriting: We will continue with the kite strings starting with r and s on Monday.
Spelling this WeekThis week’s spelling assignments are due Thursday with tests on Thursday also. This week the buff and white groups will have a review lesson. Here is a preview for those of you who like to prepare early!
- Blue group – Lesson 18: Lesson 18 spelling list
- White group – Lesson 24: Lesson 24 (19 – 23 review) spelling list
- Buff group – Lesson 24: Lesson 24 spelling list
Here’s a Look at Week 31 . . .
- phys. ed. p.m.
- division home practice books go home
- arts ed. a.m.
- phys. ed. p.m.
- D1 math facts
- Dairy Queen hot lunch
- D2 math facts
- “Jump Rope for Heart” fundraising due
- “Jump Rope for Heart” activities a.m.
- spelling assignments due; spelling tests
- marble rewards p.m.?
- D3 math facts
- arts ed. p.m.