Dear students and families,
Welcome to our class blog and the 2019-20 school year! I hope your child has enjoyed the first few weeks of school and is as excited about coming back each day as I am! I look forward to a very successful and positive grade 3 and 4 experience for all of us this year as we learn and grow together.
We look forward to sharing our learning and classroom news through the blog. I send a weekly email to parents with a link to the week’s preview. To receive a notification for each and every blog post I publish, please click on the subscribe tab at the bottom of your screen.
The “Week at a Peek”
I do my best to publish a “week at a peek” before the start of each school week.
- In the “week at a peek,” I summarize the highlights of the previous week and preview the week ahead.
- The blog serves as an excellent starting point for parent/child conversations about learning at school.
- Changes in our plans are noted in student planners that travel home and back daily.
- Blog posts share the latest classroom “news.”
- I send an email to parents with a link to the “Week at a Peek” at the start of each week.
- We go over the “Week at a Peek” during our class morning meetings at the start of every week.
- Your child will become a blog expert and will soon show you how to navigate the blog at home. 🙂
We continue to work on routines, procedures and class norms while I assess student abilities and needs to make meaningful plans for this school year. Click on “Welcome to Success!” to read more about class routines and expectations.
Here’s a look at week 4 . . .
- phys. ed. a.m. with Ms Fehr
- grade 4 “Insight test” information note home today
- library exchange a.m.
- music p.m.
- “Meet the Families” opportunity (7:45 – 8:30 a.m.) – classrooms open for students to introduce parents to their teachers
- grade 4 “Insight” tests a.m.
- fine arts with Mrs. Sansom p.m.
- Terry Fox activities 1:00 p.m.; Terry Fox cancer research donations due today (every student who brings a toonie will be entered into a draw for a shirt)
- marble rewards? p.m.
- home and school Old Dutch chip fundraiser orders and money due today
- phys. ed. a.m. with Mr. MacIntosh