Dear students and families,
Students can be very proud of their work this week! Many students grew in their understanding of “difference” in subtraction this week while they worked on the “adding up” subtraction strategy. Students had an opportunity to explore the properties of vine and willow charcoal as they tried continuous contour portrait drawings with charcoal. See the video below with some highlights from this week:
Shhhh! Top Secret Project
Students have been asked to bring a pair of pants and a sweater (preferably a hoodie) to school on Wednesday.
- The clothing is part of a surprise to be revealed at 3-way conferences.
- Clothing will be sent home at the conference or on Monday, November 25.
Since report cards are going home on Monday . . .
Watch this timely and inspiring video about the latest research on how to do well in math – or anything!
Report Cards and 3-Way Conferences
First term report cards will go home with students on Monday.
- Please return the reporting envelope with a parent signature; it is used for the next two reports. Reporting envelopes may return to class with students or be returned at the 3-way conferences.
- Our class will be busy preparing for 3-way conferences this week.
- Please sign up for a 3-way conference (student, parent, teacher) on Thursday or Friday, if you have not already done so. I look forward to meeting with you then!
Spelling this Week
Spelling tests are on Thursday with assignments due on Thursday as well.
- Students will receive new spelling assignment booklets this week with the next 6 lessons. The last lesson in the booklet will be a review lesson.
- The earlier unit of work with the review test will be sent home to stay when all students finish corrections.
Here are this week’s lists for those of you who like to prepare early:
- Lesson 7 buff: Lesson 7 spelling list
- Lesson 7 white: Lesson 7 spelling list
- Lesson 6 green: Lesson 6 spelling list
Here’s a look at week 11 . . .
- S6 math fact quiz (please practice the night before)
- phys. ed. with Ms Fehr a.m.
- report cards go home
- S7 math fact quiz (please practice the night before)
- library a.m.
- music with Mrs. Beaudry p.m.
- -4 to -7 weekly whiz quiz (same format as daily math fact practice but there is no home practice sheet)
- bring sweater/hoodie and pants to school
- class book fair browsing (9:30 a.m.)
- arts ed. with Mrs. Sansom p.m.
- book fair open (3-6 p.m.)
- S8 math fact quiz (please practice the night before)
- students may visit the book fair for planned purchases only (9:30 a.m.) – please bring money to school if you plan to buy during school hours
- marble rewards?
- 3-way conferences after school and evening; book fair open (3-8 p.m.)
- 3-way conferences a.m.; book fair closes at noon; staff professional development p.m.
- no classes for students today – see you back to school on Monday! 😀
Are you looking for something extra that is math related to do at home? Watch this video about computer coding . . .
Visit CODE Studio to learn more about computer coding (specially designed for kids!).