Dear students and families,
Congratulations all students on a great first week of multiplication! All students show tremendous progress with handwriting as we work through the kite strings (we finished w last week and expect to add a few more letters this week)! We will continue to work on keyboarding home row skills this week.
Grade 4s all showed understanding of the paper and pencil addition algorithm with regrouping in this week’s math test. Grade 4 can expect a subtraction paper and pencil algorithm math test early this week.
It is a busy last few weeks of December! We continue to focus on academics in the classroom with some fun activities on the side everyday!
Enjoy a slide show that highlights our morning math routine: math fact practice, math-themed body break and number talk (think by self, pair talk, share with large group). The video also shows some of the holiday cards that students have designed for senior citizens.
Donations and things to bring
Thank you for all donations brought so far! Here are reminders for donation and “please bring to school” deadlines:
- Pasta for food hamper (Tues., Dec. 10)
- Gently used garage sale type items for treasure sale (Thurs., Dec. 12)
- Recorder notes and money/recorder (Fri., Dec. 13)
- Gently used books for book swap at Carnaval (Wed., Dec. 18)
Spelling this Week
Spelling tests are on Thursday with assignments due on Thursday as well.
Here are this week’s lists for those of you who like to prepare early:
- Lesson 10 buff: Lesson 10 spelling list
- Lesson 10 white: Lesson 10 spelling list
- Lesson 9 green: Lesson 9 spelling list
Here’s a look at week 15 . . .
- M4/3-M4 math fact quizzes (please practice the night before)
- phys. ed. with Ms Fehr a.m.
- grade 4 addition math tests go home to be returned with parent signature
- grade 4 x0 whiz quiz (no practice sheet)/3-M5 math fact quiz (please practice the night before)
- last day to bring pasta for food hamper for partner school
- library a.m.
- music with Mrs. Beaudry p.m.
- M5/3-M6 math fact quizzes (please practice the night before)
- grade 4 subtraction paper and pencil algorithm test (5-digits, regrouping)
- band concert for students (9:30 a.m.)
- arts ed. with Mrs. Sansom p.m.
- marble rewards? (yes, on Wednesday – we are almost there!)
- M6/3-M7 math fact quizzes (please practice the night before)
- spelling tests
- computers a.m. (home row)
- turkey buffet hot lunch (for those who pre-ordered)
- phys. ed. with Mr. MacIntosh p.m.
- care partners p.m.
- grade 4 x2 whiz quiz (no practice sheet)/grade 3 x0 whiz quiz (no practice sheet)
- last day to bring recorder note and money or recorder (need to put order in today so recorders arrive on time in January)
- phys. ed. with Mr. MacIntosh a.m.
- treasure sale (time for class shopping to be announced) – bring a small amount of money if you would like to buy something