Dear students and families,
We are only one school week away from winter vacation! Students had another busy week. Here are just a few highlights:
- watching the band concert
- completing kite string handwriting up to the letter p
- more multiplication word problem number talks that move students toward repeated addition, skip counting and using arrays
- paper and pencil addition and subtraction algorithm work
- social studies map skills
- care partner crafts part 1 (crafts will go home on Friday)
- learning the treasure game
- home row keyboarding practice
Enjoy the video below for some highlights from last week
Movie Afternoon and PJ Day on Friday
We will watch the movie, Dolphin Tale 1 on Friday p.m. The movie touches on themes of courage, empathy and integrity as it tells the true story of Winter, the dolphin. The themes of this movie fit with our health curriculum. The setting of this story also expands on our work with habitat in science and geography in social studies.
This year is the 14th anniversary of Winter’s rescue. Learn more about Winter here:
The movie, Dolphin Tale 1, is rated PG. Please contact me with any concerns about this movie or if you do not want your child to watch the movie.
- It is a good feeling to be caught up with all work at the end of the year so we can start the new year with a clean slate. Students who have incomplete work and/or corrections may be asked to work on it during the movie. Please get caught up in all assignments before Friday so you can watch the movie.
- Students may wear pjs to school for the spirit day; we will leave all other bedtime accessories at home this time. 🙂
Spelling this Week
Spelling tests are on Thursday with assignments due on Thursday as well.
Here are this week’s lists for those of you who like to prepare early:
- Lesson 11 buff: Lesson 11 spelling list
- Lesson 11 white: Lesson 11 spelling list
- Lesson 10 green: Lesson 10 spelling list
Here’s a look at week 16 . . .
- M7/3-M8 math fact quiz (please practice the night before)
- school spirit day: Santa hat/toque day
- phys. ed. a.m. with Ms Fehr
- assembly (9:50 a.m.)
- completed work sent home today
- M8/3-M9 math fact quiz (please practice the night before)
- school spirit day: snowflake/sock day
- library a.m.
- music p.m. with Mrs. Beaudry
- M9/3-M10 math fact quiz (please practice the night before)
- school spirit day: sweater day
- arts ed. p.m. with Mrs. Sansom
- locker clean out day (make sure there is no food lurking in the lockers)
- Carnaval (6 – 8 p.m.)
- M10/3-M11 math fact quiz (please practice the night before)
- spelling assignments due and tests
- school spirit day: antler/hat day
- computers a.m. – keyboarding focus EI
- phys. ed. p.m. with Mr. MacIntosh
- care partners part 2 p.m.
- x3 whiz quiz/3-M12 math fact quiz (please practice the night before)
- school spirit day: PJ day
- care partner crafts go home today
- class movie p.m. – Dolphin Tale I
- last day of classes before winter break – have a nice vacation – See you next year on January 6!