Dear students and families,
A big thank you to all the families that contributed to our class lunch on Tuesday – it was great and we could not have done it without you!
We are looking forward to the Mini-Olympic day on Thursday put on by the SLC! Students have been asked to work hard and get caught up with all work before watching the school wide movie Thursday afternoon. 🙂
This upcoming week, our school will observe “French Second Language Education Week.” There will be special activities throughout the week for all students.
Enjoy some slides from this past week that shows student art that involved grade 3 science (structures), grade 4 science (light ray experiment), the yummy and elegant class lunch and some extra outdoor play time on class lunch day:
Grade 3 and 4 students will have a subtraction algorithm test (with and without regrouping) on Tuesday.
- Grade 3s: 3-digit minus 3-digit
- Grade 4s: 5-digit minus 5-digit
Class Valentine’s Day guidelines
- We will observe Valentine’s Day in our classroom on Friday, February 14. Although it is still a few weeks away, I know some students are preparing already!
- Students that bring cards will hand them out at the start of the day. We will then pack them up to go home at that time. It may be helpful to have a medium to large zip-lock bag to put Valentine’s into for safe-keeping in back packs.
- If students choose to bring Valentine cards for students in our class, they must bring cards for all students in our class.
- Class lists will be sent home with students this week.
- Students may choose to tape a candy treat to their Valentine card. If you tape a treat to one card, you must tape one to all the cards so no one feels left out.
- Because we have agreed to share food on just 2 school days this year, thank you in advance for not sending any other Valentine treats to share. 😀
Spelling this WeekThis week’s assignments are due Friday with tests on Friday also (this day change is because of the school-wide mini-olympic day on Thursday). Students will have class time on Wednesday to complete their assignments. Here are the spelling lists for those of you who like to prepare early:
- Green group – Lesson 14: Lesson 14 spelling list
- White group – Lesson 16: Lesson 16 spelling list
- Buff group – Lesson 16: Lesson 16 spelling list
Here’s a look at week 21 . . .
- M26/3-M30 math fact quiz (please practice the night before)
- Tuque/Hockey Sweater school spirit day
- phys. ed. with Ms Fehr (a.m.)
- M27/3-M31 math fact quiz (please practice the night before)
- grade 3 and 4 subtraction paper and pencil algorithm tests
- library exchange a.m.
- music with Mrs. Beaudry (p.m.)
- M28/3-M32 math fact quiz (please practice the night before)
- arts ed. with Mrs. Sansom (p.m.)
- mini-Olympics and school-wide movie day (students need to be caught up in assignments before watching movie); class colour is black – wear black if you can
- M29/3-M33 math fact practice in class (untimed, no time on Thursday for this activity because of the Olympic, movie day)
- x8 grade 4 whiz quiz/ x4 grade 3 whiz quiz (please practice in your own way the night before)
- phys. ed. with Mr. MacIntosh (a.m.)