Dear students and families,
I hope this post finds everyone doing well as we continue to adjust to our new lifestyle and education. It has been so delightful to meet with so many of you over the past few weeks. Thank you so much for inviting “virtual” me into your homes. It has been really special.
Students and parents – congratulations on all the great work you are doing – and it is all great! I look forward to seeing many of you this week!
Welcome to Week 31!
The GoogleSlides show below is this week’s learning plan.
New Work This Week:
- Colour as You Go Reading Challenge #2
- Journal Writing Ideas 1 and 2
- Math telling time
- Acing Math card games
- Raz Kids Reading – coming soon
Choices from previous weeks are still in the new GoogleSlides show for students just joining and for those still wanting to choose work from previous week.
Organization of slides:
- topics are colour coded: Health (organization), Reading, Writing, Math, Contact
- presentation can be paused and navigated manually, links are built in to help navigate from menu to information and back to main menus
- DO and CHOOSE/CHOICE are important words: DO – if you can do one thing, do this; CHOOSE – for those who need more, choose from the extras
- All handouts in the show have been emailed to parents except for spelling lists and the weekly student planner – they are at the bottom of this blog post.
- There is much information here. I plan to keep building this show every week. Thank you so very much for all your feedback about the GoogleSlides learning plan!
Ms B.’s Focus this Week:
- check that everyone finds success with XtraMath
- roll out Raz Kids over next few weeks – will email parents with log in information when ready
- check in with students and families – I am curious about how journal writing is going?
- Zoom social class meeting #2 – sharing
- respond to new things! 😀
Remember – all printables are optional! They are here so you can look at them more closely and for those of you who like to have the paper copies.
Spelling this Week
- Blue lesson 4: Blue lesson 4
- Green lesson 20: Green lesson 20
- White (grade 3) lesson 23: White gr 3 lesson 23
- Buff (grade 4) lesson 23: Buff gr 4 lesson 23