Dear students and families,
We had a short week but a very busy one for our parents. A big thanks to parents who were able to pick up student personal supplies this week and get children started with the Raz Kids reading program!
I enjoyed using our reading time this week to look at non-fiction text features, new vocabulary and talk about the history of the bison and Wanuskewin. We may continue the “Welcome Home” reading with some of you this week.
Welcome to Week 35!
- I am excited for the “Show your Wheels” class meeting on May 25! This gives me a good reason to get my bike and helmet out too! 😀
- I look forward to working through the writing process and/or reading with students this week in our one to one student meetings!
- Personal meetings and drop-ins are cancelled Wednesday and Thursday afternoons this week. Ms B. will be working in the school Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons this week.
- Please use the drop in times if you need help and your personal time is cancelled this week.
New Work This Week:
- Be sure to watch all the videos!
- Health: 2 bike safety videos
- Reading: check May 19 email for Raz Kids log in information – students choose a story from “Level Up” and then: 1. listen (optional), 2. read, 3. do quiz. Students earn stars they can use to build their avatars and backgrounds.
- Writing: spelling video (when to double the consonant)
- Writing: handwriting
- Writing: spring safety word search (printable in parent email)
- Writing: wheel safety poster
- Math: 2 new Acing Math card games
Remember – all printables are optional! They are here so you can look at them more closely and for those of you who like to print the paper copies.
Spelling this Week
- Blue lesson 8: Lesson 8 blue spelling list
- Green lesson 23: Lesson 23 green spelling list
- White (grade 3) lesson 27: Lesson 27 white spelling list
- Buff (grade 4) lesson 27: Lesson 27 buff spelling list