Web + Log = Blog
Blogs are websites that arrived in the 21st century that allow professionals – and non-professionals – to report and publish news and ideas.
- Blogs are often free.
- They are websites that are organized by blog posts or news stories.
- Over time, blogs become a collection of posts that are archived for easy reference.
- Blogs are dynamic and interactive and encourage an exchange of ideas through comments.
- Each blog post can become a discussion because of comments left by readers.
- Blogs show the author’s unique point of view which helps the blogger build relationships with people with similar interests.
- Blogs make the power of media available to everyone; bloggers create personal news that may interest a large number of small groups.
As blogs became popular, they created many new sources that gave everyone an audience for their “news.” 1
Watch this video to learn more . . .
Blogging on platforms like WordPress has become very popular over the past 10 years. This video is an introduction to blogging in plain English and gives viewers a brief overview of what blogging is and how to take part.
Source of Ideas:
- Common Craft “Blogs in Plain English.” YouTube. Online video clip, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN2I1pWXjXI (accessed 11 October 2015). ↩