How to Write Great Posts!
Use this Popplet as a checklist for writing a great blog post:
Remember to . . .
- Include a catchy title for your post.
- Create a graphic organizer for your ideas before you begin to write and use it as a map as you write your post.
- Write short paragraphs to keep your message clear and keep your audience interested (people read online media more quickly than print media).
- Proofread your writing for proper conventions, word choice, voice, organization and ideas.
- “Ask 2 before you send to me.” – ask a classmate or a parent to proofread your work before you submit.
- Strategically use the visual editor toolbar and include formatting like links, headings and coloured text to help make your post easy to understand and interesting.
- Use images and media with permission and attribution.
- Follow the rules of our school division’s acceptable internet use policy: SPS_Plain_Language_Acceptable_Use_Policy
Watch this video to learn about copyright:
Thank you to all the fantastic blogs that gave me ideas about post writing guidelines!
Check them out here:
- Kreb’s Class Blogs commenting guidelines
- commenting guidelines from Huzzah!
- Mrs. Yollis’ Classroom Blog and “How to Write a Quality Comment” video
- Edublogs teacher challenge – “Write your first posts”
Now it’s your chance to continue the conversation . . .
- Can you think of other tips that can help someone write a great blog post?
- What are the most important post writing tips to you and why?